Conversation circles are led by a facilitator who helps the group organize thoughts and share pain., because listening to other people with similar difficulties makes the person validate their own feelings, feeling part of the group and less lonely.
Benefits of the practice
- Empathy development
- Promotes an environment where the participant can be heard and express themselves
- Stimulates the participant to listen and live with those who think differently
- Flexible ways of seeing everyday situations
- Strengthens self-esteem and confidence
- Develops the ability to elaborate new situations with the respective gains and losses